Thursday, May 10, 2018

Beyond the Books - Self-Care



Beyond the Books is a weekly feature hosted by Kissin Blue Karen. Beyond the Books is a weekly writing prompt where she throws out a topic (mostly non-bookish) and others blog about it.

I read this topic and just about fell out of my chair from laughing so hard. Self-care? Who has time for that? Whether you are a stay-at-home mom or a working mom (though those terms are pretty much redundant), you are busy and self-care is the last thing that happens.

For me, I miss exercising. Never thought I would say it, but I felt so much better when I was working out. Haven't had the time or energy to do it in so long. Started a new devotional and I'm hoping it will clear my mind and recenter me. I'm only looking for three mornings a week for exercise. Can it really be that hard?

Sometimes I'll get  my hair colored or my nails done, but pretty much self-care in my world boils down to getting enough sleep each night...and that doesn't always happen either.

How do you handle self-care? Are you working toward it or are you already a pro?

No comments: