Monday, January 30, 2017

Musing Monday - Jan 30


Musing Monday is now hosted by Ambrosia at The Purple Booker It is a weekly meme that asks you to choose one of the following prompts to answer:

I’m currently reading…
Up next I think I’ll read…
I bought the following book(s) in the past week…
I’m super excited to tell you about (book/author/bookish-news)…
I’m really upset by (book/author/bookish-news)…
I can’t wait to get a copy of…
I wish I could read ___, but…
I blogged about ____ this past week…

THIS WEEK'S RANDOM QUESTION: Are there any books you are really eagerly waiting for in 2017?

How is it the end of the month already? Things have been so crazy around here I have accomplished barely anything...well, I sold a house and had a closing, but pretty much I feel like I've been running in circles.

My father-in-law came home two Mondays ago and I had to call the ambulance the next day to bring him to the hospital. We almost lost him. After days of antibiotics and fluids, he finally checked out of the hospital and into rehab for some physical and occupational therapy. We hope he will be home soon.

As a result, not a lot of reading going on. I am working my way through Little House in the Hollywood Hills, a memoir by actress Charlotte Stewart. I can't say I really knew much about the actress except that she played Miss Beadle on Little House on the Prairie and that she was in Tremors. Definitely gives me a glimpse into Hollywood's crazy hippie days.

Now on to this week's question. I'm always eager for new books. Charlotte Hubbard has a couple of new books coming out that I want to read:





Vannetta Chapman also has a couple of books coming out.



Tandem Demise is the third book in Duffy Brown's Cycle Path Mystery series slated for release this year. I would love to read that one.

This upcoming release from Debbie Macomber sounds good.


So does this late June upcoming release from Diana Gabaldon.


What are you looking forward to in 2017?

1 comment:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I have a Debbie Macomber on my stack that I haven't read yet: Love Letters.

The new one looks very tempting.

Enjoy your reading...hope your father-in-law feels better soon.

Thanks for sharing...and here's MY MUSING MONDAYS POST