Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Interview with Linda Weaver Clarke, Author of Her Lost Love

Linda Weaver Clarke travels throughout the United States, teaching a “Family Legacy Workshop” at libraries, encouraging others to turn their family history and autobiography into a variety of interesting stories. She has been married for over forty years and is a mother and grandmother.


Her books include the historical romances: Melinda and the Wild West (an award winning novel), Edith and the Mysterious Stranger, Jenny’s Dream, Sarah's Special Gift, Elena- Woman of Courage, and The Rebels of Cordovia. An Adventure/Mystery series, The Adventures of John and Julia Evans, includes the following novels: Anasazi Intrigue, Mayan Intrigue, Montezuma Intrigue, and Desert Intrigue. Her Amelia Moore Detective Series includes: The Bali Mystery, The Shamrock Case, The Missing Heir, The Mysterious Doll, and Her Lost Love.

You can visit Linda online at www.lindaweaverclarke.com



Did you like to read cozy mysteries when you were growing up?

Not really. I read Black Beauty, Little Women, Tom Sawyer, and other classics because that was what my parents had in the bookshelf. We didn’t live near a library. I lived out in the country, so I had to read what the schools gave us or from our own bookshelf.

What was the first story in that genre that you wrote?

The Bali Mystery: Amelia Moore Detective Series. It was so much fun to write and I received so many wonderful reviews that I was encouraged to continue. That is usually expected with mysteries. They are always part of a series.

What is your favorite part of writing in this genre?

Coming up with a plot that no one can figure out. I have fooled most everyone who has read my books.

What do you find most difficult about writing in this genre?

Trying not to let out too much information and ruin the plot. I have to keep my readers guessing.

Is there an author in this genre that you admire most?

I love Hercule Poirot, a Belgian detective, by Agatha Christie. I love the TV series. She’s a genius when it comes to mysteries.

What is up next for you?

I’m excited to announce this mystery series is going to be an audio book. The first book, The Bali Mystery, will be out soon. Diane Lehman is the reader and she portrays Amelia and Rick so perfectly. He is so masculine and she is so feminine and spunky. Love it. The rest of the characters, accents and all, were done very well. She had me laughing out loud in some parts. It was so easy to picture everything in my mind as I listened to her.

Do you have anything to add?

For anyone who loves to read a long-lost-love story, here is what this book is about: Julie Anderson feels a need to find the man she fell deeply in love with during her youth. When Julie went off to college to become a lawyer, she lost contact with her high school sweetheart. She now wants to know what became of Joey and why he stopped writing to her? This is an assignment that intrigues Amelia. The thought of finding a long-lost love seems quite romantic.

You may find sample chapters of my books on my website and it will take you to the links for purchase at Amazon and Smashwords. My website is www.lindaweaverclarke.com.

No comments: