Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Scariest Looking Book Covers


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week they will post a new Top Ten list that one of the bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All they ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

Back in my younger days, I actually watched horror movies and read some horror novels. I can't say I've done much of that over the past decade or so, but I still enjoy one now and then.

The original cover for It by Stephen King is creepy and mysterious.



The new cover after the TV movie was released was a nightmare maker. If the second cover was in the bookstore when I was browsing, I sure wouldn't be visiting the circus any time soon.



An early cover of The Woman in Black...


is not quite as dark and foreboding as the one released after the movie. That image in the background gives me the willies.



Baby carriages on the covers of horror novels should be a no-no.


What is it with evil-looking clowns?


Yuck. What else can I say?


She can keep her peculiar children.


This one is a great book. It's romantic suspense, not horror, but that cover creeps me out. Maybe dolls and knives just remind me of Chucky from Child's Play too much.


I'm guessing the covers for the zombie take on classics are supposed to be funny, but they gross me out.




This one's enough to make me scared of dogs forever.


This one always creeped me out. I'm guessing it's all the blood.


2 comments:

Melbourne on my Mind said...

People really need to stop putting clowns and dolls on the covers of books. Even when they try to be cute it just comes across as creepy, you know?!

Anonymous said...

Some of those covers are really creepy.