Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Interview: Mike Hartner, Author of I, Walter


Mike Hartner is a father, son, author, patriot, geek (ret), and husband.

His love of all things genealogical led him to writing, and writing has now led him to fiction and a large epic saga.

He lives in Vancouver, BC with his wife and son.

His latest book is the historical romance, I, Walter.

Visit his website at www.accidentalauthor.ca.


Connect & Socialize with Mike!




Can you tell us a bit about yourself?

Sure. I’m in my 40s, I’m married to a wonderful lady whom I’ve spent more than 25 years with, we have a 12-year-old son who is the apple of both parents’ eyes, and my wife's two parents live closeby.

Where did you grow up?

Born in Miami, grew up in the mid-west on both the US and Canadian side of the border, and now live in Vancovuer.

When did you begin writing?

I began writing in school, when I focused on poetry. I began writing fiction when my arm was lightly twisted by a relative to tell some of the stories of our ancestors I had learned while compiling the family genealogy. I continued writing when this story became a burning issue in my life.

Do you write during the day, at night or whenever you can sneak a few moments?

I write whenever I can sneak a few moments

What is this book about?

I, Walter is the life story of Walter Crofter, a British Child who ran away from home at the age of 11, in 1600s England.

What inspired you to write it?

The writing process was meant to be learning about other people and their lives. It was also meant as the first set in a series of historical novels bringing us eventually to present day.

Where can readers purchase a copy of your book?

You can find my book at Amazon.   You can find out more about my work on my newly constructed author website www.mikehartner.com.

What is up next for you?

I will be working on the second and third books in the Eternity series. I suspect that James will be second and Angus third, though at this point I’m letting them decide who wants to be first.

Is there anything you would like to add?

I’d like to add two comments: The first is a large thank you to Rob at theperfectwrite.com for all of his support, both his editing and his friendship. Robert L. Bacon is a professional author of his own right, and giving back to the community by being a wonderful, instructive editor. Thank you, Rob. The last point, and probably the most important, is a VERY HUGE THANK YOU to all of my readers. Your kind comments on the reviews, and the number of you who have taken the time to ask me when the next one will be available, and to tell me about your emotions reading I, Walter are all amazing. Thank you, everyone, for your kind words and continued support.


No comments: